Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sweet sorrow

"Parting is such sweet sorrow..."

Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when you have to do it twice, within a few weeks, and with two of the closest individuals in your undead life.

I sit on the tiled floor of my shower, the blood tears rinsing away in the warm spray from the overhead shower head. Memories of a very different shower flooding my mind. The fated shower that started this wild ride for the then human who was introduced to the darker side of the world I lived in. I had heard the stories of supernatural beings living among the human race, but had never encountered one in my short lifetime.

That is until I met Sharon.

She seemed kind enough, speaking of her mate and how he would just love to meet me. I didn't think twice about the wicked gleam that sparkled in her eyes as she looked over my body. My intuition was flaring with warnings I chose to ignore. After the initial meeting she invited me over to their home. I was introduced to her mate and let me tell you, meeting Gavin was an experience I'll never forget.

I didn't know what to expect when I playfully offered to give him a helping hand in the shower. Little did I know that that decision would have my world spinning on it's axis. It started off as innocent as a shower with a man could and soon became a fight for my life. When he stared into my eyes with a hunger I'd never seen, his canines much longer than it seemed natural, my body responded in a way I never expected. He nearly drained me, and would have left me for dead had his brother not showed up to rescue me. With the help of Aev, Sharon, and Rick they were able to free me from the death grip Gavin had on my neck.

I was popped away to safety in the arms of Rickard and Aev and taken to a realm I'd never seen before. The days and nights that followed were all a blur of healing and primal urges being fulfilled. On the third day or what I assumed was the third day, I was turned by Rickard, thrust into the arms of my now brother Gavin and into the care of the coven. I floundered at first, but with help from my brother I was able to find my footing.

In the short time that I've been a vampiress lots of things changed in my undead life. Like I said before it's been a wild ride. We've all had our ups and our lows. Through it all my brother has been there to help pick me up and talk things out in a rational way. We grew close, close enough that we were talking of mating. Obviously that never happened. We were too much alike and often clashed. We tried, it didn't work. In the end we had such an understanding of each other that we formed a bond that seemed much closer. We were truly brother and sister, friends, once lovers, and confidants.

We worked together to attempt to resolve coven issues, bring back happy times, and help rebuild our family bond. But like all good things in life, it must come to an end. I wish it never had to come to this, but we cannot write our life stories. No matter how much we want to, it's not possible. Things much larger than us often get in the way and there's nothing we can do to change it.

After Rick's departure from our coven, Gavin had changed. It was a subtle shift, nothing significant enough for others to see with their eyes, but being as close to him as I was, having the same blood flowing within us, I was both able to see and feel it with my empath side. He was constantly warring with the hurt from the breaking of his bond with his maker.

I watched Sharon for any signs that she was picking up on the same things from her mate, to my eyes she was feeling some, but I have a feeling he was blocking most of it to not arise suspicion.

Again my intuition was prodding at me. (I really must learn to listen to it) When he came to me earlier I knew. I knew this was goodbye. The ache in my chest was flaring up again. 'Not again' I thought. How am I to survive this after I just healed myself from the last rip to my heart? I listened to his words. He was resolved with his decision. I fought to keep him here, I begged for him to listen to reason, to stay with his coven. How are we to survive without him? How is Sharon suppose to survive this? Oh god Sharon. How is she going to take this news? They were to be married. I was ready for the bachelorette party. Yes, not a good time to be thinking of naked men dancing around for our viewing pleasure, but it still popped into my head.

Nothing I said made any difference. He was leaving and that was it.

"I hope that fate will bring you back our way sometime."

He gave a nod in acknowledgement then opened his arms to me.

"I have to go now. You will always have me in your heart, Vik. We have the same maker. And I will never forget you."

My blood tears flowed freely as I sank into his embrace one last time.

"Don't ever forget us, brother. We love you. I love you. I'll never forget all we've done together. I'll treasure our memories and the fun we've had. Please contact us to let us know how you are, let us know that you are watching over us."

He offered me a small nod before I gave him one last kiss goodbye.

"Be well and take care."

"I love you, Viktoria. I truly do. Good bye, my sister."

"Goodbye brother. I had fun joining you and the coven. It's been a hell of a ride, but it was worth it to meet you."

"I feel the same. I do. Take care of yourself and Donan."

I nod to assure him that I will as I watch him step into the flames and vanish for the last time.

I hiss into the air and laugh through my hysterical crying. I'm so going to miss joking and hissing with him.

This song will always remind me of you when I hear it. You were our protector against the bad things out in the world.

Thank you for being such a great brother and protector.






Out of nowhere
You came
From a little dust
And a little rain
And when I looked down at
Your face
It showed to me
The truth and grace

I will always try to keep you very safe

So open up your eyes
So they can look in mine
And see a small reflection
And when you close your eyes
I pray the thoughts inside
Are beautiful and true

I won't always
Be this strong
And I won't always
Be the one
To kiss the bruise
Or heal the scrapes
To wipe the tear drops
From your face

But I will always love you more each day

So open up your eyes
So they can look in mine
And see a small reflection
And when you close your eyes
I pray the thoughts inside
Are beautiful and true

I will always love you more each day
I will always try to keep you safe

So open up your eyes
So they can look in mine
And see a small reflection
And when you close your eyes
I pray the thoughts inside
Are beautiful and true

I will always
I will always ... love you




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Powered by Blogger.