Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camp out

Anticipating my twin's return, I had spent the day before packing up Sharon's room. With the help of my new friend JC it didn't take half as long to box away the trinkets and memory holding items to store away in the attic.

Having accomplished my task, I went about with my next plan. I knew it would be hard for Sharon to return to the mansion, so I quickly came up with the idea of a camp out. I flew around the mansion gathering up all the materials we would need. I worked in the backyard to construct a fort out of some sheets, string up some lights, and prepare the goodies for the night. I was feeling smores were the only possible snack for a camp out. I finished the preparations and called my twin to ask her to join us.

Lex was practically bouncing with excitement, Samantha , a fairy we have been helping with a place to stay and recover her memory, was equally eager to get the nights activities started. Once Sharon arrived we quickly relocated to the backyard to start the smores and girl talk. The night flew by with the fun, and Lex was the first to settle in for the night. Sharon, now donning Winnie the pooh jammies, was feeling like she needed some snuggles, so she crawled up to Lex's side of the fort and burrowed in. I felt a bit left out and also wearing Winnie the Pooh jammies, asked to be included in the snuggle fest.

Sharon pulled me down and she ended up being the cream in our snuggle sandwich. I'm sure that is what she needed to feel, surrounded by the love we had for her. Soon enough we shut our eyes to the world around us and the hurt that we wanted to hide from.


Powered by Blogger.